Monday to Friday
07:30 a.m till 18:00 p.m.
Please also use our contact form.
Elephant and Castle Child Care Centre
Local Offer Information
1. Elephant and Castle Child Care Centre.
2. The Elephant and Castle Child Care Centre is a small private Day Nursery for children aged from birth to five years. We have a rural location with a purpose built construction. Our main aim is to provide children with a caring, stimulating environment which caters to their individual physical, intellectual, social and emotional needs.
3. We are located in Sporle, near to Swaffham. We are conveniently based off the A47 and A1065. We have families attend the setting from surrounding areas, within a 15 mile radius. We also have, families attend from further a field, we are on route to their work place. The sessions we offer are flexible to individual requirement. We are open 51 weeks of the year, 7.30 a.m. to 6.00 p.m., Monday to Friday. On offer we have five varied contracts, which range from, full time to funded sessions only.
4. The key purpose of our setting is to have a fully inclusive provision. We ensure that our physical environment is as far as possible suitable for children with SEND. We provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all children with SEND. We differentiate activities to support individual need and requirement. We are willing to actively seek advice and support from external agencies to ensure children reach their full potential.
5. We consider the individual needs and stages of development of each child. We use a system of record keeping; planning, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reviewing individual educational plans for children with SEND. We aim to plan a challenging and enjoyable experience for each child covering all areas of learning and development. Every child has a right to be supported in reaching their full potential. We aim to work in partnership with parents/carers and support them in accessing relevant services from other appropriate agencies.
6. We can be contacted directly and we would advise a visit and time to discuss their initial needs and requirement. We aim to be accessible to all, if this is not the case we would initiate support from outside agencies. We have a fee structure which reflects adult to child ratio. We offer free Government funded sessions for two year olds and three to four year olds. Direct payment could be accepted from Personal Budgets. Our admission policy would be followed in regard to a waiting list.
7. As discussed previously our setting is purpose built in mind with being accessible to all. In the event that specialised resources are required we would apply to the Local Authority. The team are all level three qualified and have over the years attended training workshops gaining knowledge and awareness on various conditions and disabilities. The family and the child attending would have the care and support from a key person. The key person aims to develop a professional bond with the child and family, This ensures time at the setting is effective and beneficial.
8. Our primary strategy for communication is verbal. We have the opportunity to talk with families at the beginning and end of sessions. This is due to families coming and going at their individual required attendance times. In written form we provide home diaries for the under two year olds. All children have a 'At nursery I...' folder. We construct a Newsletter every month, which is mostly emailed to families, a paper copy can be requested. Over the course of the year we hold information sessions and fun activities.
Our day out, summer fair and Christmas parties are very successful and enjoyable. On a annual basis we request our families complete a questionnaire. This is in regard to the care and service we provide, this ensures we are meeting requirements and needs. At present all our team have completed basic Makaton training, we use this with all the children. In the past we have supported children with the use of picture prompt cards, this supports with routines and with the flow of our day. The children with English as an additional language has the benefit of their key person learning key words and phases.
9. We are registered and regulated by Ofsted. We have been awarded the Norfolk Quality Assurance Scheme, Better Workplace Better Business, Safer Food Better Business and five star food hygiene rating from the Food Standards Agency. In addition, to offer the free Government funded sessions we abide by the Local Agreement with Local Authority.
10. The setting has a Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinator and Deputy. To fulfil these roles effectively a minimum requirement of training has to be completed on an annual basis. The team hold collectively; developing good practice with SEND children, enhancing communication and integration, meeting the needs of children on the Austic Spectrum, EAL children and families, PEP and Step On training (behavioural), Children and Families Act, 2014, SENCO, Makaton and ENCO training. The team are all willing to gain knowledge and awareness on any specific need.
11. For further information about the service we provide please contact Donna Taylor, the Manager or Natalie Goddard the Deputy. We welcome visitors into the setting and enjoy sharing knowledge of our service.
12. The setting has a Complaints policy and procedure. We anticipate that most concerns will be resolved rapidly by an informal approach to the appropriate member of staff. If this does not achieve the desired result, procedure will follow. Donna Taylor the Manager is the first contact. If satisfaction is not reached, Gloria Lloyd the Nursery owner is the second contact. Ofsted is our regulatory body and they can be contacted, if deemed appropriate.
13. The setting has been under new management for the last previous year. Many changes have taken place in this time, to enable offering the service we currently provide. We will continue to review and amend practice and police, there is always room for improvement.
14. The cost of our service is dependant on the age of the child. As discussed previously we follow Ofsted adult to child ratio. We offer five varied contacts dependant on your need. We accept payment in various forms, including bank transfer, cheque, cash or child care vouchers.